Our Privacy Commitment
Neither the Website nor any Offered Services are intended to be used by children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 is eligible to use the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information about yourself through the Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under the age of 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us.
Information We Collect about You
In General. By visiting the Website or using Offered Services, we may collect personal information about you generally limited to your name and email address or other information that you provide voluntarily. The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the service or interaction that you have with us (see “Personal Information” below for details).
You may visit the Website without identifying who you are or providing any personally identifiable information about yourself – that is information that specifically identifies a particular individual, such as name, address, or phone number. Therefore, unless an individual provides personally identifiable information about himself or herself, an individual using the Website is anonymous to us.
When you visit the Website, the Website captures certain common technical information automatically. This information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and computer operating system, device type, application software, time and date you visit the Website, traffic patterns and usage data such as the pages you access, the address of the third-party website that directed you to our Website, or the third-party website you visit when you leave our Website. Gunstores uses this information to understand patterns of site activity, including aggregated user demographics, and to improve the Website so it is more useful to you. Although Gunstores does not use or maintain any type of network activity or device information in a manner that identifies you, or that relates to, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with or linked to you or your household, some of this information may qualify as “Personal Information” or “Personal Data” under applicable law.
Personal Information. Gunstores and certain Authorized Vendors and Sponsors may collect personal information as a result of your interaction with Gunstores through the Website (i.e., using the Contact Us feature), or by you choosing to communicate with Gunstores or such Authorized Vendors and Sponsors by phone or email to ask a question or report a technical issue. Such communications may also be for other purposes, including, but not limited to:
- If you are applying for employment, your work authorization information, visa status, desired salary, academic level, employment history including salary, and any other information you include on the resume you upload to the Website. You may also choose to provide optional information such as race, gender, and whether you are disabled or your Veteran status.
- If you are participating in a survey, we may ask your gender and age, income, ethnicity, family size and marital status.
- If you are sharing an article or page of the Website with a third party, the third party’s email address may also be collected.
- If you are using an Offered Service, information necessary to provide the service you have requested.
Location Information. We may collect information about your location when you access or use the Website. We may collect information regarding your general location using your IP address. If you access or use the Website from a mobile device, we may collect more precise geolocation information from your mobile device. This information may be used to customize certain features of the Website and to provide you with location-based services. This information may also be used to send push notifications, which appear on the display of your mobile device in the form of a badge, alert or banner, and allow mobile applications to send information to your mobile device even when the application is not in use.
Use of Information Collected
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. Gunstores may transfer personal information to its subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, including future subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Fulfilling a Business Purpose. Gunstores may transfer personal information to third parties, including Authorized Vendors, in order to carry out the purpose or purposes for which you provided the personal information and/or to comply with the laws and regulations governing the business practices of Gunstores.
- Third-Party Transactions and Marketing. Through the Website, Gunstores makes available to you information, products and services provided by third parties, including Authorized Vendors and Sponsors. Gunstores may share your personal information such as email addresses with such third parties. Such third parties may use your personal information for their marketing purposes, and you should refer to the third parties’ privacy policies and practices to understand and control their use of your personal information.
- Consultants and Service Providers. Gunstores will disclose personal information to third party consultants and service providers (such as third parties that provide services such as hosting, support, maintenance and repair, mail delivery, evaluation data analysis, data cleansing, promotion administration and fulfillment, advertising, marketing and promotional activities, fraud protection and risk reduction) to the extent that they require access to our databases, or the personal information contained in our databases.
- Reorganization or Sale of the Company. In the event that Gunstores is merged with or becomes part of another organization, or in the event that Gunstores is sold or it sells all or substantially all of its assets or is otherwise reorganized, the personal information Gunstores collects will be one of the transferred assets to the acquiring or reorganized entity.
- Joint Promotion Partners. Gunstores may conduct joint promotions with third parties. If you register for one of those joint promotions your information may be collected by both Gunstores and the third party. Or, we may give you the option to have us share your information with the promotion partner. Your information will be used by us and/or by the promotion partner as described in our respective posted privacy policies.
- As Otherwise Required or Allowed by Law. Gunstores may transfer personal information to third parties where we are expressly authorized or required by applicable law to do so.
We offer you certain choices about the information we collect, how we use and share information, and how we communicate with you. When you exercise these choices, in order to help protect your privacy, we may take certain steps to verify your identity, such as confirming your ability to verify your email address and, if applicable, certain account information. You also have the following specific opt-out choices:
- Emails. You can opt out of receiving future promotional emails from Gunstores (such as general marketing emails, rewards or promotional program emails, and customer surveys) by following the unsubscribe procedures indicated in each email. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional emails from Gunstores, we will respond to questions from you.
- Interest-Based Behavioral Advertising. For information about your choice to opt-out of receiving targeted online advertisements from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), as well as more detailed information about online behavioral advertising, please visit the DAA website at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving targeted advertisements, you may continue to receive advertisements, but they will not be tailored to your browsing activity.
- Tools on Mobile Devices. You can control the tools on your mobile devices when you use the Website. For example, you can turn off the GPS locator or push notification on your phone. Please consult your mobile device’s user guide for instructions on clearing cookies, disabling location services, and disabling push notifications. For more information on opting out on mobile devices, you may also visit: http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices.
- Do Not Track (“DNT”) Signals. Gunstores does not currently respond to DNT signals, but may do so in the future.
Updating your Personal Information
You may request changes or corrections to your personal information and privacy preferences by writing us at:
P.O. Box 275
Colfax, NC 27235
Please include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us.
You must describe the information in sufficient detail to allow us to locate that information in our records. We may not fulfill a request to change information if we believe the change would violate the law or a legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. Additionally, some residual information may remain in back-ups, cached, archived or other historical databases. We reserve the right to refuse to modify information if we request proof of identity or authority and the appropriate proof of identity or authority is not provided to us. We do not have the ability to modify or remove third-party records.
Personal Information Removal
If you have provided personal information to Gunstores you may request that Gunstores delete such information. Gunstores will delete such information, unless Gunstores has a legitimate or lawful purpose to retain it or is otherwise required by law to retain it. You may make your request by emailing our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We may ask you to provide additional information in order to verify your identity before proceeding with your request. Such additional information will be used only for identity verification and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. If such additional information is required and we are unable to contact you with the contact information you have provided, we may be unable to respond to your request. We will work to respond to your request within 45 days from the date of receipt of your request or after we receive all information necessary process the request, as applicable.
We operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems, which are periodically reviewed and enhanced. We do not, however, guarantee that unauthorized or inadvertent disclosure will never occur.
The importance of security for all personally identifiable information associated with our users is of utmost concern to us. We encrypt your personally identifiable information and thereby prevent unauthorized parties from viewing such information when it is transmitted to us.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. You acknowledge that there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet beyond our control, that the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through the Website or email cannot be guaranteed, and any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
Privacy Notice for California Residents [click to open]
Visitors outside the United States
California resident consumers.
For the purposes of the California resident policies in this section, personal information does not include information that is exempt from the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), including personal information covered by other privacy laws such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act. In addition, if you have or had a business relationship with us, and provided personal information to Gunstores in your capacity as an employee, owner, officer or contractor of a company, partnership, sole proprietorship or other business or agency, the CCPA may not apply to you or all of your personal information.
Personal Information We Collect
We have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last 12 months:
- Identifiers such as name, email address, and Internet Protocol address; and
- Internet or other network activity and/or device information such as information regarding your interaction with the Website, applications, and advertisements, and geolocation data.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect the categories of personal information described above from the following categories of sources:
- Information provided by you – this includes, but is not limited to, personal information you submit when subscribing to our email list, making requests for information or services, entering promotional giveaways, and from similar communications with Gunstores; and
- Information from third parties acting on your behalf – this includes information that is automatically collected from the Internet or other network activity regarding your interaction with the Website, applications, and advertisements.• Information from third parties acting on your behalf – this includes information that is automatically collected from the Internet or other network activity regarding your interaction with the Website, applications, and advertisements.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
We have used or disclosed the personal information collected for one or more of the following business or commercial purposes within the last 12 months (excluding uses or disclosures we may be prohibited from reporting under applicable law):
- We have used or disclosed the personal information collected for one or more of the following business or commercial purposes within the last 12 months (excluding uses or disclosures we may be prohibited from reporting under applicable law):
- To fulfill and respond to your inquiries and requests, including providing you with support, investigating and addressing your concerns, monitoring and improving our responses, and to otherwise carry out the purposes for which you provided the information;
- For our marketing and promotional event services, including market data and research;
- To deliver content, product, and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through the Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law);
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our business and to respond, as necessary, to requests from regulators and law enforcement or as otherwise required by applicable law, regulation, court order, or similar demand; and
- As described to you when your personal information is collected or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We have disclosed the categories of personal information listed above for business purposes to the following categories of parties within the last 12 months (excluding disclosures we may be prohibited from reporting under applicable law):
- Affiliated entities of Gunstores and unaffiliated service providers to help conduct our business; and
- Third parties to whom you direct or authorize us to disclose your personal information, independent of or in connection with products and services we provide to you.
We have also disclosed to our affiliates, service providers and other third parties, certain categories of personal information such as identifiers, network activity and/or device information, which may be used for purposes other than strictly operational purposes of Gunstores. The purposes for which we have shared your information in this context are analytics and marketing, including marketing by third parties. To the extent such disclosure is considered a sale of information and is not an excepted business purpose under the CCPA, you have certain rights to opt out of such sharing of information as described below.
Your CCPA Data Rights
The CCPA provides California resident consumers with certain data rights with respect to the personal information businesses collect.
Right to Know
If you are a California resident consumer you have right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected, used, and disclosed about you, including the purpose of, and categories of third parties to whom, personal information was disclosed for a business purpose. To submit a request to know the categories of personal information we have collected or the specific pieces of information we have collected for the preceding 12 months, you may call us at 1-800-537-2565 or email our support team at email@example.com. You also may designate an authorized agent to make a request for access on your behalf.
Right to Delete Personal Information
You also have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected about you unless an exception under the CCPA applies, or the deletion of such information is otherwise restricted or prohibited by law, rule, or regulation. To submit a request that we delete any personal information we have collected about you, you may call us at 1-800-537-2565 or email our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may designate an authorized agent to make a request for access on your behalf.
CCPA Rights to Know and Delete Information Are Not Available for Certain Personal Information
We may collect personal information about you in connection with you acting as a job applicant to or as an
employee, director, officer, or contractor of Gunstores. CCPA data rights are not available for personal
collect about you in these contexts, including your emergency contact information and personal information that
necessary for us to retain to administer benefits for another person relating to you acting as a job applicant
or an employee, director, officer, or contractor of Gunstores. Any personal information we collect and use under
circumstances will only be used within the context of your role or former role acting in such capacity.
Request Submission and Processing
We will work to confirm receipt of your request within 10 business days and provide you with information on how we will process your request, including our verification process. We may ask you to provide additional information in order to verify your identity before proceeding with your request. Such additional information will be used only to verify your identity and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. If additional information is required and we are unable to contact you with the contact information you have provided, we may be unable to respond to your request. We will work to respond to your request within 45 days from the date of receipt of your request or after we receive all information necessary to process the request, as applicable.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
In addition to your ‘right to know’ and ‘right to delete’ personal information collected about you, California
resident consumers have the right to opt-out of the “sale” of their personal information, as such term is
in the CCPA. To facilitate exercise of this right, in addition to the opt-out methods generally available under
with certain third parties to the extent such disclosure is deemed a “sale” of information by using this link:
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least 12 months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back into personal information sales at any time by visiting the Website and sending us a message.
A California resident consumer can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on the
consumer’s behalf. An authorized agent is an individual or a business entity registered with the California
Secretary of State that a consumer has authorized to act on his or her behalf. If an authorized agent submits a
request under the CCPA on behalf of a California resident consumer, we may require (a) documentation verifying
authorization by the consumer to make the request, and (b) that the consumer on whose behalf the request is
made verify his or her identity directly with Gunstores.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice for California Residents or any of Gunstores’s other privacy policies and practices, please call 1-800-537-2565 or email our support team at email@example.com.